- What an ending! Takeaways from an epic World Baseball Classic finalon March 22, 2023
It came down to a Shohei Ohtani vs. Mike Trout showdown. Here's what to make of the thrilling finale.
- Ohtani K's Trout for final out as Japan wins WBCon March 22, 2023
Shohei Ohtani closed out a 3-2 win as Japan won its first WBC title since 2009.
- Morant: Attempts to manage stress are 'ongoing'on March 22, 2023
The Grizzlies' Ja Morant, who is expected to make his return Wednesday after an eight-game ban for detrimental conduct, says managing stress is "an ongoing process."
- 'Still got it': QB Newton throws at Auburn pro dayon March 22, 2023
Former NFL quarterback Cam Newton threw more than 30 passes at Auburn's pro day on Tuesday.
- Kershaw says Urias 'deserves' Opening Day nodon March 22, 2023
Julio Urias is lined up to pitch for the Los Angeles Dodgers on Opening Day and that's just fine with teammate Clayton Kershaw.
- Pitino welcomed at St. John's: 'I've earned it'on March 22, 2023
Rick Pitino was introduced as the new St. John's coach Tuesday at Madison Square Garden, marking his return to Big East college basketball.
- Top Ohio recruit picks Michigan over Ohio Stateon March 22, 2023
Michigan beat out Ohio State for ESPN 300 running back Jordan Marshall, the No. 9-ranked recruit in the state of Ohio.
- Cowboys add vet RB Jones to help fill Zeke voidon March 22, 2023
The Cowboys have agreed to a one-year deal with veteran running back Ronald Jones.
- Top seat in Mets' members-only spot costs $25Kon March 22, 2023
The Mets announced Tuesday they will open a membership-only speakeasy behind Citi Field's right field fence this season called The Cadillac Club at Payson's, with memberships in the first-row costing $24,999 per seat.
- Once upon a time in Vegas, the Runnin' Rebels were the only game in townon March 22, 2023
The Runnin' Rebels and Las Vegas were once the focus of the NCAA's ire, now the city will host a NCAA men's basketball regional and a future Final Four.
- 'It's been a long time in the making': Las Vegas set to host men's tournament West Regionalon March 22, 2023
One of the biggest events in college basketball has been brought to the American sports betting's epicenter.
- Shohei Ohtani strikes out Angels teammate Mike Trout to give Japan World Baseball Classic title over USAby Ryan Morik on March 22, 2023
Japan is once again kings of baseball, taking home their third World Baseball Classic victory due to the heroic ninth inning efforts of none other than Shohei Ohtani.
- How to watch WGC-Dell Technologies Match Playon March 22, 2023
Scottie Scheffler, Rory McIlroy, Jon Rahm and other top PGA Tour golfers are in action this week.
- What to watch for this week at WGC-Dell Technologies Match Playon March 22, 2023
With his Masters hopes at stake, Rickie Fowler needs to make the quarterfinals to have a chance at entering the top 50.
- College softball rankings: The top 25 teams in the NCAA this weekon March 22, 2023
As Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Tennessee and Clemson keep rolling, don't sleep on Top-25 schools like Utah and Georgia.
- Debut of VAR, World Cup, and coaching carousel add intrigue to 2023 NWSL seasonon March 22, 2023
The NWSL is ready to move on from the abuse allegations that made headlines throughout last year. The debut of VAR, a World Cup and more will help.
- In MLS, asado culture is the thing that bonds and brings teams closer togetheron March 22, 2023
"The guys come, and something beautiful happens." Grilling and pro sports might seem an unlikely mix, but asado is a tie that unites teams.
- Transfer Talk: Man Utd, Chelsea want Osimhem but Napoli eye €150m feeon March 22, 2023
Manchester United and Chelsea are interested in Victor Osimhen with Napoli looking for a €150 million fee. Transfer Talk has the latest.
- Ex-NFL MVP Cam Newton throws more than 30 passes at Auburn's Pro Day, eyes football comebackby Chantz Martin on March 22, 2023
Free agent quarterback Cam Newton won a national championship at Auburn in 2011. He went on to spend 11 years in the NFL, and was named league MVP in 2015.
- 49ers tried to get Super Bowl champion quarterback out of retirement last season: reportby Scott Thompson on March 22, 2023
The 49ers were in quarterback hell last season when Trey Lance and Jimmy Garoppolo went down, so San Fran reportedly contacted Ben Roethlisberger to come out of retirement.
- Yankees fan acts like outfielder, runs pole to pole at spring training game in hopes of catching home run ballby Ryan Morik on March 22, 2023
Opening day is just nine days away, and the New York Yankees could use an outfielder. They may have found their guy had they bee scouting the stands Tuesday.
- Openly gay NHL prospect shares ‘disappointment’ over lack of Pride Night supportby Paulina Dedaj on March 22, 2023
Following a number of players and teams decisions to opt out of Pride Nights, Nashville Predators prospect Luke Prokop issued a statement Monday calling out the lack of support.
- NBA suspends Grizzlies' Dillon Brooks after league-leading 18th technical foulby Chantz Martin on March 21, 2023
For the second time this month, Memphis Grizzlies forward Dillon Brooks was punished with a one-game suspension because of his NBA-leading technical fouls.
- Louisville women's basketball star has tense altercation with Texas player after winby Scott Thompson on March 21, 2023
The Louisville Cardinals defeated the Texas Longhorns in the second round of the women's NCAA Tournament Monday, and star Hailey Van Lith had a tense moment after the game.
- ESPN fires exec who led 'Inclusive Content Committee' after harassment allegations: reportby Ryan Morik on March 21, 2023
ESPN has reportedly fired Rob King, executive editor for special projects at large, after harassment allegations stemming from social media posts.
- High school football coach reinstated after winning $1.7 million settlementby Chantz Martin on March 21, 2023
The Bremerton School Board in Washington state accepted a nearly $2 million settlement with high school football coach Joseph Kennedy, who was terminated for praying on the field.
- Rick Pitino says most St John's players likely won't return next season: 'Not a good fit for me'by Scott Thompson on March 21, 2023
Rick Pitino was introduced as St. John's new men's basketball coach Tuesday, and he sent a blunt message to the team's current players. He doesn't see most of them returning.
- Reseeding the women's Sweet 16: Where do bracket-breakers Ole Miss, Miami land?on March 21, 2023
The Sweet 16 is set. Miami and Ole Miss crashed the party. Colorado needed overtime. Two 1-seeds survived. Where do they all rank among the field?
- What do the first two rounds of a perfect fantasy baseball draft look like?on March 21, 2023
Tristan H. Cockcroft and Eric Karabell reveal their ideal outcomes for the first two rounds of a 10-team draft from the point of view of any of the starting draft positions.
- Dartmouth football coach suffers ‘serious injuries’ after being struck by pickup truck while bicyclingby Paulina Dedaj on March 21, 2023
Dartmouth head football coach Buddy Teevens suffered "serious injuries" while riding a bicycle last week after he was struck by a pickup truck, according to a report.
- Packers CEO Mark Murphy 'sworn to secrecy' over Aaron Rodgers, Jets situationby Paulina Dedaj on March 21, 2023
Green Bay Packers CEO Mark Murphy "would love" to shed some light on the Aaron Rodgers, New York Jets situation but said Monday he's "sworn to secrecy."
- Recently retired JJ Watt blown away by Taylor Swift concert: ‘Unbelievable’by Joe Morgan on March 21, 2023
J.J. Watt, who recently retired after a 12-year NFL career, attended a Taylor Swift concert over the weekend and was blown away by her performance.
- Tennis champion Martina Navratilova says she is cancer-free, details 'total panic' following diagnosisby Chantz Martin on March 21, 2023
Tennis legend Martina Navratilova was diagnosed with throat and breast cancer last year. The 66-year-old revealed recently that she is now cancer-free.
- Mike Anderson will file arbitration lawsuit against St. John's after firing: reportby Scott Thompson on March 21, 2023
Former St. John's men's basketball head coach Mike Anderson is filing an arbitration lawsuit against the university that he believes wrongfully fired him for cause.
- World Baseball Classic 2023 final: What to know about the US-Japan matchupby Ryan Gaydos on March 21, 2023
The United States and Japan will do battle in the World Baseball Classic final on Tuesday night. It is a matchup of titans in the sport.
- We got questions: Tobin Anderson's whirlwind week ends with new gig at Ionaon March 21, 2023
Anderson caught America's attention with Fairleigh Dickinson; now he's set to replace RIck Pitino at Iona.
- Grizzlies defeat Luka Doncic-less Mavs as Ja Morant returns to benchby Emmett Jones on March 21, 2023
The Memphis Grizzles defeated the Dallas Mavericks in Ja Morant's return to the team after he completed his 8-game suspension for flashing a gun on Instagram Live.
- Walton, Magic, Phi Slama Jama? Ranking every Sweet 16 school's best team of all timeon March 21, 2023
What if you held a tournament with all these teams? Who would win that (theoretical) championship?
- Julius Randle's 57 points a 'waste' in Knicks' loss to Wolvesby Emmett Jones on March 21, 2023
New York Knicks forward Julius Randle scored a career-high 57 points in a loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves who were without Karl-Anthony Townes and Anthony Edwards.
- NFL officials explain why Cowboys' Brandin Cooks has been traded NFL-record four times: reportby Scott Thompson on March 21, 2023
Brandin Cooks has been traded an NFL-record four times over his 10 years in the league now, and a new report has NFL executives explaining why that is the case.
- WNBA mock draft: Which prospects upped their stock in March Madness?on March 21, 2023
Just 16 teams remain in the women's NCAA tournament. Some top prospects have been eliminated. Where do they land in our updated first round, which includes three Gamecocks?
- Grizzlies 'anticipate' Ja Morant returning for team's next game after suspensionby Ryan Morik on March 21, 2023
The Grizzlies "anticipate" Ja Morant returning from a nine-game absence on Wednesday night, Memphis head coach Taylor Jenkins told reporters on Tuesday.
- Every Sweet 16 matchup prediction, from Alabama-SDSU to Gonzaga-UCLAon March 21, 2023
We're salivating over these second-weekend matchups. Who wins in the regional semifinals, and by how much?
- Reseeding the Sweet 16: Who overperformed, who underperformed?on March 21, 2023
More top seeds have fallen -- who's stepped up for the second weekend of the men's tournament?
- Covington? Masvidal? Muhammad? Welterweight champ Leon Edwards has optionson March 21, 2023
The 170-pound division is deep, but what direction will the UFC choose for champion Leon Edwards?
- Look at him now: Edwards' big step up pound-for-pound top 10on March 21, 2023
Edwards continues his rise after another win over Kamaru Usman, who takes a tumble in the rankings.
- Tracking free agency: Latest signings, trades, cuts, rumorson March 21, 2023
We're live following every notable free agent signing and blockbuster trade.
- NFL experts debate free agency: Which team is the most improved after a week of deals?on March 21, 2023
A dozen NFL experts weighed in on which teams have dominated the offseason so far, including the Dolphins after a savvy trade for a star cornerback.
- Can I watch my favorite team? Is this the end of blackouts? What RSN mess means for MLBon March 21, 2023
Why Diamond Sports Group declaring bankruptcy could have a major impact on Major League Baseball and the future of sports on TV.
- One fight away from undisputed: The fighters -- and divisions -- closer to crowning a four-belt champon March 20, 2023
Four undisputed championships are up for grabs in boxing with just one victory. Can the fights get made?