- What's next for Baker Mayfield after being released by Panthers?on December 6, 2022
Mayfield's tenure with the Panthers lasted less than a season. Where could he end up next?
- Aaron Judge shows up to Bucs game as he reportedly garners massive offers on free-agent marketby Ryan Gaydos on December 6, 2022
Aaron Judge showed up to support the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and wide receiver Mike Evans on Monday night as they took on the New Orleans Saints.
- Spain vs. Morocco, Brazil dance into quarterfinals, Tuesday's best betson December 6, 2022
Brazil put on a show against South Korea. Will Morocco produce an upset vs. Spain? Here's the latest from Qatar.
- Neymar, Danilo returns have Brazil dancing into World Cup quarterfinalson December 6, 2022
South Korea impressed, but Brazil are too talented and dominated in the World Cup round-of-16 match.
- Neymar the catalyst as Brazil produce classic World Cup display performanceon December 6, 2022
Neymar was mesmerising against South Korea, but above all, he was the glue that held the team together in what was a classic Brazil performance.
- 3 schools withdraw from Vegas women's tourneyon December 6, 2022
Dayton, Purdue and Texas A&M have withdrawn from the Las Vegas Holiday Hoops Classic as part of continuing fallout from a similar women's basketball event at a Strip resort over Thanksgiving weekend where safety concerns were raised.
- Clemson's Uiagalelei enters portal after benchingon December 6, 2022
Clemson QB DJ Uiagalelei, who was benched and replaced by Cade Klubnik in the ACC championship game, has officially entered the transfer portal.
- Sources: Mets, Verlander reach 2-year, $86M dealon December 6, 2022
Justin Verlander, who won his third Cy Young Award after leading the Astros to the World Series title, has a 2-year deal with the Mets, sources told ESPN's Jeff Passan.
- 'Tough business': Panthers waive QB Mayfieldon December 6, 2022
The Carolina Panthers waived Baker Mayfield on Monday after the quarterback went 1-5 as a starter this season and posted an NFL-worst 18.2 QBR.
- Nike officially terminates partnership with Irvingon December 6, 2022
Nike officially cut ties with Kyrie Irving, the company confirmed Monday, but is not expected to request current NBA player to stop wearing Kyrie-branded shoes, sources told ESPN.
- WR Boutte passes over draft, will return to LSUon December 6, 2022
Kayshon Boutte said Monday he will return for his senior year at LSU. He appeared in 11 games this fall and had 48 catches for 538 yards and two touchdowns.
- Source: Phils, Turner strike 11-year, $300M dealon December 6, 2022
The Phillies and shortstop Trea Turner have agreed to an 11-year, $300 million contract, sources told ESPN.
- Heisman finalists include 3 CFP QBs and Williamson December 6, 2022
USC's Caleb Williams, the betting favorite who was injured in the Pac-12 title game on Friday, joined Georgia's Stetson Bennett, TCU's Max Duggan and Ohio State's C.J. Stroud as finalists for the Heisman Trophy Monday night.
- USC's Caleb Williams clarifies deleted tweet about TCU quarterback: 'Wasn’t laughing at Max D!'by Paulina Dedaj on December 6, 2022
USC quarterback Caleb Williams said on Twitter Sunday that he wasn't "laughing" at TCU quarterback Max Duggan in response to a video of the distraught signal caller.
- Yankees announce Brian Cashman's return as GM with multi-year extensionby Scott Thompson on December 6, 2022
The New York Yankees are extending GM Brian Cashman for the next four seasons as they hope continuity results in another World Series title.
- Transfer Talk: USA's McKennie attracts Tottenham attentionon December 6, 2022
Weston McKennie impressed at the World Cup, and now the Juventus midfielder has the attention of Spurs. Transfer Talk has the latest.
- France's Kylian Mbappe deliberately hiding Budweiser logo in 'Man of the Match' photos: reportby Scott Thompson on December 6, 2022
France superstar Kylian Mbappe has been hiding the Budweiser logo during his "Man of the Match" award photos, and reports say it's being done on purpose at the World Cup.
- NBA star puts LeBron James ahead of Michael Jordan on his GOAT listby Ryan Gaydos on December 5, 2022
Golden State Warriors star Draymond Green made his case as to why LeBron James is the greatest basketball player of all time over Michael Jordan.
- NFL fines Cowboys' tight ends for Salvation Army kettle celebration on Thanksgiving: reportby Paulina Dedaj on December 5, 2022
Four Dallas Cowboys tight ends were fined for unsportsmanlike conduct after using the Salvation Army kettle to celebrate a touchdown on Thanksgiving Day.
- WWE legend Barry Windham suffers 'massive heart attack,' placed in ICU: 'The future is uncertain'by Ryan Gaydos on December 5, 2022
Barry Windham, a pro wrestling legend who is in the WWE Hall of Fame, suffered a "massive heart attack" on Friday and is in the ICU, according to his family.
- US soccer's Ricardo Pepi caught wearing Netherlands jersey in Dutch nightclub after World Cup lossby Scott Thompson on December 5, 2022
Ricardo Pepi, who was left off the United States' World Cup roster, was caught rocking a Netherlands jersey after they defeated the US to move on in Qatar.
- World Cup 2022: Croatia ends Japan’s pursuit of quarterfinal match with shootout victoryby Paulina Dedaj on December 5, 2022
Croatia defeated Japan, 3-1, in a shootout to advance to the World Cup quarterfinals where they will take on tournament favorite Brazil.
- World Cup 2022: Brazil dominates South Korea in Round of 16 winby Ryan Gaydos on December 5, 2022
Brazil scored early and often against South Korea in their World Cup Round of 16 match on Monday. Four different Brazilian players scored goals.
- Judge to the ...? Another ace signing? Our MLB winter meetings predictions and latest buzzon December 5, 2022
From predictions going into the week to the latest buzz from San Diego, we've got you covered as baseball's hot stove season heats up.
- College football transfer portal tracker: Latest news on who's in and outon December 5, 2022
The portal is officially open for business, with quarterbacks Spencer Sanders, DJ Uiagalelei and Devin Leary among the top names looking to transfer.
- Resilience, not veteran stars, the key to Croatia beating Japanon December 5, 2022
For the longest time, the likes of Luka Modric and Ivan Perisic have been central to Croatia's greatest moments. Not so in the win over Japan.
- Phillies sign Trea Turner to massive deal as NL East continues to move free agent market: reportby Scott Thompson on December 5, 2022
The NL East continues to make blockbuster moves as Trea Turner is reportedly headed to the Philadelphia Phillies just hours after the New York Mets landed Justin Verlander.
- US-Netherlands World Cup match drew giant audienceby Ryan Gaydos on December 5, 2022
The US-Netherlands match in the Round of 16 at the World Cup drew in an average of nearly 13 million viewers on Saturday with a peak of over 16 million.
- Bad beats in soccer and NFL highlight weekend in bettingon December 5, 2022
Jason Fitz recaps some of the wildest plays and worst bad beats from the weekend.
- Notable bets: Behind the Ohio State-Georgia opening line and moreon December 5, 2022
David Purdum recaps all the betting action from the weekend in the NFL and college football, with an inside look at the Ohio State-Georgia opening line.
- Booze cruise: What it's like at Qatar's ocean liner-turned-hotel World Cup party spotson December 5, 2022
Fans from all over form a melting pot of World Cup fans, alcohol imbibers, partiers and tourists in Qatar's docked ships being used as hotels.
- Donate now to support the V Foundation and fight canceron December 5, 2022
The V Foundation continues the fight against cancer. If you're able to, donate at v.org/donate.
- Dick Vitale: Remembering Jim Valvano today, this week and every day afteron December 5, 2022
Vitale says it is hard to believe that Jimmy V has been gone for almost 30 years from cancer His legacy lives on as we fight -- and we have made progress.
- Bears' Justin Fields continues to improve; Packers' Aaron Rodgers impressedon December 5, 2022
Fields threw for 254 yards, and his 90.6 QBR was his second highest this season.
- Jets' Mike White scores big with teammates, if not against Vikingson December 5, 2022
White made mistakes Sunday yet nearly rallied the Jets to a win. But the chemistry he's built in the locker room could help him keep the starting job.
- Which players to grab from the waiver wire ahead of Week 14 actionon December 5, 2022
Eric Moody takes a look at some under-rostered players who should be added to fantasy teams ahead of Week 14's NFL action.
- The 7 must-watch fights at UFC 282on December 5, 2022
A belt, undefeated fighters and larger-than-life personalities: Why the final UFC pay-per-view of the year is sure to deliver in Las Vegas.
- 'Yeah, I'm going to boo him': Deshaun Watson returns to the football spotlight, where questions persiston December 5, 2022
After an 11-game suspension for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy by committing sexual assault, as defined by the league, Watson returned to the field in Sunday's win over his former team.
- Justin Verlander, Mets agree to two-year, $86 million deal: reportby Paulina Dedaj on December 5, 2022
Two-time World Series champion and reigning AL Cy Young Award winner Justin Verlander is joining the New York Mets, according to a report.
- Vikings' Justin Jefferson claps back at DJ Reed after win over Jetsby Paulina Dedaj on December 5, 2022
New York Jets cornerback DJ Reed felt good about his matchup with star wideout Justin Jefferson despite losing 27-20 to the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday.
- Do Spain's players match Luis Enrique's desire to take down Morocco?on December 5, 2022
It will be a test of fortitude, mentality and attitude. But are the players as determined as their coach?
- Panthers to release Baker Mayfield after acquiring him in offseason: reportby Ryan Gaydos on December 5, 2022
Baker Mayfield's time with the Carolina Panthers is reportedly over as the team is set to release him Monday with a logjam at quarterback.
- Joe Burrow dismisses trash talk after Bengals top Chiefsby Ryan Gaydos on December 5, 2022
Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow took a parting shot at Kansas City Chiefs safety Justin Reid after the 27-24 victory on Sunday.
- Morocco's run to World Cup knockouts is no fluke; the secret is team spiriton December 5, 2022
Many didn't expect Morocco to get through, but they will have a massive amount of support on the ground when they face Spain on Tuesday.
- Clemson's Trevor Lawrence successor to enter transfer portal after ACC Championship benching: reportby Ryan Gaydos on December 5, 2022
Clemson quarterback D.J. Uiagalelei is reportedly set to enter the NCAA transfer portal after he was benched during the ACC Championship Game.
- 'Best play I've ever seen in any sport': UCLA coach impressed by viral volleyball staron December 5, 2022
Mick Cronin offered Georgiades a grad assistant job after seeing her viral highlight.
- Curt Schilling's absence from Cooperstown stuns baseball fansby Ryan Gaydos on December 5, 2022
Curt Schilling showed up on the biggest stages of baseball and performed well but on Sunday he was left out of the Baseball Hall of Fame once again.
- Men's Power Rankings: Maryland enters the chat as Gonzaga exitson December 5, 2022
Big Ten teams showed their teeth in Week 4, but Gonzaga might have lost its chance for another 1-seed in March.
- Women's Power Rankings: OSU up, UConn down after topsy-turvy Sundayon December 5, 2022
Ohio State, the team of the week, is up to No. 3, followed by Indiana and Notre Dame, which handed UConn its first loss and sent the Huskies sliding three spots.
- NBA refs are cracking down on traveling -- whether teams like it or noton December 5, 2022
Traveling and carrying violations are skyrocketing. So are frustrations among players and coaches.